mariazara89 mariazara89 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Deleted word document

Hi
So i accidentally deleted an extremely important word document.
When I use keywords to search the file, the file appears. which indicates that the file is somehow alive. but when i click on it, it shows error that "this file does not exist"

If this file is deleted for good, why does it still appear in search.
and my computer search can read the contents of the file, it means it's not entirely deleted.

is there ANY way i can recover it?
I have tried data recovery softwares but they are all unhelpful.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. help.
the file is crucial.

thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Deleted word document

What you have found is likely a shortcut to the document (the actual
document has been deleted).

Which version of Windows are you using? If it's Windows 7, you can try
right-clicking your C:\ drive and selecting Properties. Click the Previous
Versions tab. Choose an older version of C:\ and browse to the location of
your lost file. With a bit of luck, you can get most of the contents back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP