LindaNorcross

Default Word automatically saved changes to the normal.dot template

Word 2003: Why am I getting the message "Word automatically saved changes
to the normal.dot template. Do you want to save them?" I assume there is
some corruption in my file. This is a "template" file (a .doc file that will
be used as a template for other documents). So whatever is wrong with this
file I need to correct before reproducing an error.

garfield-n-odie

See
"Word prompts me to save changes to the Normal.dot template". In
addition, you should not use a .doc file as a template for other
..doc files. Instead, save your template as a .dot file to the
folder designated for "User Templates" in Tools | Options | File
Locations, and then create new documents based on the .dot file
by clicking on File | New, and choosing the .dot file from the
list of templates.