Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cindyq

Default Hyperlink broken by Mail Merge

We're using Office 2003 and are sending out plain text e-mails using the Mail
Merge feature. For some reason, one extra-long hyperlink is broken by the
Mail Merge process. It truncates the extension ".exe" by inserting a
paragraph return between the first "e" and "x." We have tried adding to
each side of the URL, but the hyperlink is still breaking after sending.
We've tried turning off auto features in Word to no avail. We see in the past
that there have been patches for this problem in XP. Is there a patch or fix
in 2003? I thought it might have something to do with the .exe extension.
However, an executable hyperlink sent on December 9 worked fine. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you tried the patch for XP (Not that I am aware of one for this
specific purpose and if it is a service pack that you are referring to, it
would not be applicable to 2003)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cindyq" wrote in message
We're using Office 2003 and are sending out plain text e-mails using the
Mail
Merge feature. For some reason, one extra-long hyperlink is broken by the
Mail Merge process. It truncates the extension ".exe" by inserting a
paragraph return between the first "e" and "x." We have tried adding
each side of the URL, but the hyperlink is still breaking after sending.
We've tried turning off auto features in Word to no avail. We see in the
past
that there have been patches for this problem in XP. Is there a patch or
fix
in 2003? I thought it might have something to do with the .exe extension.
However, an executable hyperlink sent on December 9 worked fine. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cindyq

Right. The SP for XP is not applicable to 2003. Thus, not a solution.