Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default Converting embedded hyperlinks

I frequently copy into word articles containing text containing embedded
hyperlinks. Wikipedia is a good example, where almost every sentence
contains such links.

Is there a simple way in Word 2003 to convert the hyperlinks to text?

--

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Remove a hyperlink but keep the text:
Right-click the hyperlink you want to remove, and then click Remove Hyperlink

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/wo...CH063563831033

"PT" wrote:

I frequently copy into word articles containing text containing embedded
hyperlinks. Wikipedia is a good example, where almost every sentence
contains such links.

Is there a simple way in Word 2003 to convert the hyperlinks to text?

--

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

If you want to remove many hyperlinks:
1. Copy the text from the web page.
2. Paste the text onto a plain text editor like Notepad.
3. Copy the text from Notepad.
4. Paste the text onto Word.

"PT" wrote:

I frequently copy into word articles containing text containing embedded
hyperlinks. Wikipedia is a good example, where almost every sentence
contains such links.

Is there a simple way in Word 2003 to convert the hyperlinks to text?

--

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:11:00 -0700, Mecalith
wrote:

If you want to remove many hyperlinks:
1. Copy the text from the web page.
2. Paste the text onto a plain text editor like Notepad.
3. Copy the text from Notepad.
4. Paste the text onto Word.

Now that's a very useful trick. Thanks. I run into the problem of
pasting web data into Word and then struggling to get rid of the web
junk.

But you got me thinking. If Notepad can do it, Word ought to be able
to as well. I was about to post a scathing rebuke to those lazy,
arrogant M$FT developers, when I remembered that little "Paste
Options" icon that pops up whenever I paste something in Word 2007.

So, I grabbed a screenful of Google hyperlinks (Crtl-A, Ctrl-C) and
pasted them (Ctlr-V) into a blank Word document. It came in with all
kinds of nested tables and hyperlinks and other web junk. And there
was that little icon. I clicked on it and one of the options is "Keep
Text Only". Clicking on that made all the web junk go away. Just
simple text. Just as if I had pasted it into Notepad first.

Then, brilliant fellow that I am, I noticed the Paste button in the
Clipboard section of the ribbon. Clicking there, I see thagt one of
the options is Paste Special and of those options is Unformatted Text.
Clicking that option brought the whole thing in as plain text. This
can be a good bit faster than clicking the Paste Options icon after
the paste.

Slick.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:00:01 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Note that Ctrl+Shift+F9 will unlink all fields (including hyperlinks) in a
selection.

Good point, and another handy tool. It does not, however, get rid of
those nested tables and other junk. If you just want the text from a
web site, Paste Special + Unformatted Text gets it all done in one
swell foop.