mosha1983

Default installing word 97 on xp

can i instal word 97 alongside word 2003 on same xp computer
Anne Troy

I have 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003 all running on my WinXP computer. However,
you must install them in the order in which they were produced. So if you
already have 2003, you must uninstall it properly first, then install 97 and
then install 2003 again. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/b...oft_office.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"mosha1983" wrote in message
can i instal word 97 alongside word 2003 on same xp computer

Yes and no. You'll need to install Word 97 to a different folder, and the
versions will compete: that is, the one used most recently will try to grab
the .doc and .dot file associations. As long as you start the program before
trying to open files, this will not be a problem, but if you just
double-click on filenames in Windows Explorer (or open from the MRU list),
you'll get whatever version you used last.

I'm sure there are other caveats that more knowledgeable users will suggest,
but I know at least one person who has every version of Word since 2.0
installed on the same system (possibly on different partitions).