Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Each cell of a word table equal a merge record?

I have a document which is a table made up of 4 cells (making accreditation
passes), each cell has 3 merge cells. When I setup the merge though, it
makes all 4 cells of the table the same merge record and then the next merge
record is on the next page - again all 4 cells.

What I am trying to do is be able to have 4 passes on each page so that my
document is 75 pages and not 300 pages.

Anyone know how I can do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I'm not quie clear what layout/content you are trying to achieve, but
a. when you preview, Word does not behave in quite the same way as wehn you
merge - in essence, Word shows you what would happen if the record you have
selected is the first record to be merged.
b. if you change your "merge" type to "Directory" (or in Word 97/2000 or in
Outlook, "Catalog") you should get multiple copies of your "4 cells" on a
single page.
c. You need a { NEXT } field at each point where you want the Merge to
start taking data from the next record, but you do not need one at the very
beginning of your merge document.

If this info. doesn't help you, can you tell us
a. which version of Word
b. a little bit more about how your table is laid out and what is in it.

Peter Jamieson