Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JPanormo JPanormo is offline

Default what is the document suffix for saving a word document into ascii

I am trying to convert a word document into ascii format. doesnt come up as
an option in save as. Whats the suffix for ascii ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried choosing MS-DOS text as the file type?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPanormo" wrote in message
I am trying to convert a word document into ascii format. doesnt come
up as an option in save as. Whats the suffix for ascii ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_38_] Henk57[_38_] is offline

Assuming Word 2002 or 2003, isn't [F12] Save as "Plain text (*.txt)"
under "Save as type" what you are looking for?

Stefan Blom;2213119 Wrote:
Have you tried choosing MS-DOS text as the file type?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

...-