B?atrice Karjalainen

Default Same header but even/odd footer (sorry for the new thread)

Hi!

I was unable to make a reply on your post (Unable to retrieve message
) so therefor the new thread.

It looks like I have to use AutoNew Macro that I have used for
templates before. My biggest concern is that I know that some of the
users of the templates do not open a blank dockument from the
template, hey usually take an old document and edit it (by just
deleting the old test even if it is a field) and then they will end up
with different headers om odd and even pages.

I have another template where header and footer shall look the same
except the page numbering that I would like to always have on the
outside when I print on both sides of the paper and put the papers in
a binder. Is there a way except for odd/even pages?

/Béatrice

Graham Mayor wrote:
Not as you require. You can however put the same header on odd and
even
pages to achieve the same result.
REF fields in headers do not automatically update (Styleref fields
will work
if the information is in the body of the document). You will need to
force
an update by macro. You will find suitable code at

Not as you require. You can however put the same header on odd and
even
pages to achieve the same result.
REF fields in headers do not automatically update (Styleref fields
will work
if the information is in the body of the document). You will need to
force
an update by macro. You will find suitable code at

B?atrice Karjalainen wrote:
Is it possible to have the same header on all pages but even/odd
footer? Or do I have to make fields with Ask and Ref to get the same
information on all pages. The users needs to fill in 2 things in the
header and I would like them to be able to only type it once. In hte
footer the placing of the page number and another field shall alter
between odd and even pages.

/Béatrice

- Word MVP

B?atrice Karjalainen wrote:
Is it possible to have the same header on all pages but even/odd
footer? Or do I have to make fields with Ask and Ref to get the same
information on all pages. The users needs to fill in 2 things in the
header and I would like them to be able to only type it once. In hte
footer the placing of the page number and another field shall alter
between odd and even pages.

/Béatrice

Jezebel

I have another template where header and footer shall look the same
except the page numbering that I would like to always have on the
outside when I print on both sides of the paper and put the papers in
a binder. Is there a way except for odd/even pages?

It is feasible using IF fields, but much simpler just to use different
even/odd headers and footers and duplicate the headers. If users editing the
document are capable of screwing up even/odd headers, then they'll screw up
fancy field coding too.