Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnitaN

Default Professional / Cover Letter Question

I am trying to write a Resume Cover Letter, but have a small question. I am
never sure if I should spell out a number or just go ahead and type in the
numerical amount. (EX: 27 years experience OR Twenty Seven years
experience... eg: "As a Secretary, I have more than [27 or Twenty Seven??]
years of experience). Can anyone help me? I would hate to put this
information in the Cover Letter incorrectly as this will be the first
impression this company will get of me and IF I do this wrfong, it sort of
kills the job right off the bat, huh? Ok, somebody help!!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:05:27 -0800, AnitaN
wrote:

I am trying to write a Resume Cover Letter, but have a small question. I am
never sure if I should spell out a number or just go ahead and type in the
numerical amount. (EX: 27 years experience OR Twenty Seven years
experience... eg: "As a Secretary, I have more than [27 or Twenty Seven??]
years of experience). Can anyone help me? I would hate to put this
information in the Cover Letter incorrectly as this will be the first
impression this company will get of me and IF I do this wrfong, it sort of
kills the job right off the bat, huh? Ok, somebody help!!!!!

There's no hard rule, but when I worked for a publisher the house rule
was to spell out numbers of ten or less, and to use digits for
everything greater.

I don't have a style manual handy, such as the Chicago Manual of
Style, but that's where you should look for a more authoritative
source.

Good luck with your job hunt!

--
Regards,