Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
word table problem

Default duplicated rows in tables why

I use a table at work that is over 20 pages long - sometimes rows from one
page are moved to another page as information is changed. On odd occasions
the top 2 rows (not the header rows) duplicate from one sheet to another.
Any entry made on one sheet is automatically entered on the duplicate row on
the next sheet. I have hunted many sites and asked many people, and have not
yet found an answer as to why this happens. When it does happen, | have to
enter all the information on a new row and delete the original row, this also
deletes the duplicated row. I am using word 2000
HELP
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Anne Troy

It's not really occurring, it just LOOKS like it is, so you're wasting your
time. One way to get rid of this behavior is to Table--Properties, Row tab,
uncheck Allow rows to break across pages.
But what I usually do is just Page up and Page down to "refresh" the view.
Could also be a bad video driver.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"word table problem" word table wrote in
message ...
I use a table at work that is over 20 pages long - sometimes rows from one
page are moved to another page as information is changed. On odd occasions
the top 2 rows (not the header rows) duplicate from one sheet to another.
Any entry made on one sheet is automatically entered on the duplicate row
on
the next sheet. I have hunted many sites and asked many people, and have
not
yet found an answer as to why this happens. When it does happen, | have
enter all the information on a new row and delete the original row, this
also
deletes the duplicated row. I am using word 2000
HELP
Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

It seems as if several successive rows have been marked as heading
rows (which means that they will display at the top of the table on
each page where the table occurs). Select the rows that repeat. On the
Table menu, see if "Heading Rows Repeat" is selected. If it is, click
to deselect the option. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"word table problem" wrote in message

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

Many thanks for your answer,

I have tried all that you suggested but the problem still persists,

it also
prints out with the duplicated rows.
Sue

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
word table problem

Many thanks, hadn't thought of that, will try it next time at work and let
you know if it works
Sue