Styles, Themes and Templates

Old November 25th 20, 09:51 PM
tails tails is offline

Default Styles, Themes and Templates

After watching lots and lots of YouTube videos I am starting to understand the above. Ive made some temples with a logo in the header and saved those to the templates folder. I have a question regarding styles which will probably lead to further question. I can upload files tomorrow if that helps.

My question after I make some specific styles, I want to save them as a style set. Id then like to use this style set on my document temples Ive already made.

Is that how it works or are styles saved inside document temples?

For example Id like my style set to be:
Bree Serif 18pt
Bree Serif 16pt Shaded
Ariel 12pt
Ariel 12pt Bold
Ariel 8pt
Ariel 8pt Bold

Id then like to use this in various existing templates.

Also when making styles never overwrite normal?

Thanks very much for any advice.
Old November 26th 20, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

You can _change_ your Normal style however you'd like. (The changes
will then percolate through to all the styles that are based on it.)

I don't know about things like porting styles from one template to
another; it would be safest to make the changes in each template.

Also, I never use those "designs" that fill up one of the tabs, but I
wouldn't be surprised if you can make new ones!

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 9:31:09 PM UTC-5, tails wrote:
[...]

DEFAULT THEMES OR STYLES ray mc Page Layout 1 December 12th 09 08:16 PM
Themes and Templates SuzyQ Page Layout 1 May 28th 09 12:45 PM
Styles versus themes David Price Formatting Long Documents 1 May 18th 08 06:07 AM
Change Styles vs Themes Office_user Microsoft Word Help 7 January 15th 08 03:06 PM
Themes and Styles Beach Lover Microsoft Word Help 0 October 1st 07 03:39 PM