Getting Odd Page numbers on Top Left and Even Number Top Right

Old November 14th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ittecky

Default Getting Odd Page numbers on Top Left and Even Number Top Right

I have written a book but need to get the page numbers in the correct format.
Precisely, the odd page numbers need to show up in the top left, and the
even numbers need to show in the top right.

I am using Word 2003. In the page numbering setup, I cannot find an option
to do this? Does anyone have any ideas? Preferably the easies fix possible
since I have already written a few hundred pages.

Thanks.
Old November 14th 07, 06:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

One way to do this is to click on Insert | Page Numbers, and choose
Inside or Outside for alignment.

Another way to do this is to click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab,
choose "Different odd and even" headers and footers, and then set up the
page numbers where you want them in the odd- and even-page headers.