Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rbain

Default Intranet hyperlink question

I have a Word 2002 file that is loaded on our intranet. When a user clicks on
a hyperlink, a dialog box pops up and ask the user if they want to save
changes: Yes, save changes; No, don't save changes, Cancel, Keep this
document open.

I have written a couple of procedures for opening and closing the document:

Option Explicit
Dim fDocMap As Boolean

Private Sub Document_Open()
fDocMap = Application.ActiveWindow.DocumentMap
'MsgBox "The document map setting was: " & fDocMap
Application.ActiveWindow.DocumentMap = True
End Sub

Private Sub Document_Close()
ActiveDocument.Saved = True
Application.ActiveWindow.DocumentMap = fDocMap
End Sub

The procedures work fine on a local PC; they also create the document map
view on the Intranet, but I still get the dialog box.

Also, I have turned of track changes, and the document is unprotected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hyperlink question Cal New Users 3 March 22nd 06 08:58 PM
Yet Another Remove Hyperlink Question... wklind New Users 1 March 11th 06 08:40 AM
Hyperlink Question. Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 22nd 06 03:58 PM
Hyperlink from intranet to Word doc Aa Microsoft Word Help 0 November 2nd 05 11:58 AM
Hyperlink Question MAB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 17th 05 06:26 PM