Tony Barker

Default First and last name in the greeting line.

I am unable to change the greeting line to only show a first name. After
making changes to the greeting line format and then the match fields I am
still stuck with the same result: both the first and last name.

Can you help?
Doug Robbins

Don't use the Address Block of Greeting Line. Just insert the mergefields
that you want to use in the configuration that YOU want them. If you do
that, there is no need to be bothered with the Match Fields utility. I
would also suggest that you select Toolbars from the View menu and check the
mailmerge item so that the Mailmerge toolbar is displayed. I has buttons on
it for all of the actions that you need to take in connection with
mailmerge.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP