Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moose Hockey

Default Word has a blank page after I use Microsoft Office Document Imagin

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

I doubt you are editing a TIF file in Word.
USUALLY: when you scan a document using OCR, you'll get text (I suspect
that's what you're doing).
When you scan as a graphic, you'll get a TIF file...which won't be editable
with Word except to perhaps resize it. It's a graphic image.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Moose Hockey" wrote in message

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the
TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this
is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moose Hockey

Sorry if I was not more clear. I edit a TIFF by converting it to Word using
the application Microsoft Office Document Imaging. There is a button called
"Send Text to Word".

When I click on that button, Word does open, but the screen is blank. If I
try to close Word, I am prompted to save. If I save the Word session, I can
then open my saved Word doc and edit it.

On my computer this does not happen. When I use the "Send Text to Word", the
TIFF is converted to Word and is then editable.

What I do not understand, is there something that I need to check off on the
problem computers?

"Moose Hockey" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea H

Default Word has a blank page after I use Microsoft Office Document Im

Hi, I am having the same problem for one user who has Office 2002. Not
running Norton. Any sign of a fix?
--
Thanks,
Andrea

"Moose Hockey" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moose Hockey

In the end, I just reimaged the user's computer. I tried to find something on
Microsoft's site, but no luck.

"Moose Hockey" wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked.

When I scan a document as a TIFF and open the Tiff with Microsoft Office
Document Imaging and use the "Send text to Word", Word opens in a blank
screen. When I click the Close (X button), I am prompted to save my Word
document.

If I say yes and save it for example to my desktop, then I can edit the TIFF
in Word.

This does not happen on my computer, but on others. I cannot tell if this is
a Word problem. The only difference is that I have domain rights.

All computers use Microsoft XP Professional and Office XP.

Thank-you....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea H

Hi, I figured out it has something to do with this user's jam-packed
normal.dot. There's about a zillion macros in it. When she uses a generic
normal.dot there's no problem. Since a generic normal.dot is not an option,
the workaround is to open the .htm in My Documents through Internet Explorer,
then copy the text. Not the most elegant, but hey, it works.
An aside: Sometimes this same user tries sending Word text to our Imaging
software (using through File | Print) and suddenly the text shows up in Word
all squished on top of each other to the left margin of each line. Looks
like that on the .tif, too. Then any new blank document she tries types text
squished in the left margin. Thank you crazy normal.dot. I found closing
Word, then closing Outlook, then reopening Word fixed this. She uses Word as
the E-mail editor and turning it off isn't an option.
--
Thanks,
Andrea