Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlie Arlie is offline

Default comments disappearing from balloons in track changes

I just saved my document, and all my track changes comments suddenly went
missing from their balloons. After my initial huge panic, I found all the
comments at the very end of the document -- not in balloons, and not in the
reviewing pane, but in the main text.

It took me an hour to cut and paste all the comments back into their
corresponding empty balloons -- extremely frustrating.

Has anyone ever experienced this bizarre phenomenon? Solutions? I'm utterly
baffled. I'm still using Word 2002.