Jim West

Default Automated copying of data throughout a document

If I want to fill in data on one part of a form and have it automatically
propogate into other fields in the report, what do I do?
--
Jim
Anne Troy

Use a cross-reference to a bookmark.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jim West" wrote in message
If I want to fill in data on one part of a form and have it automatically
propogate into other fields in the report, what do I do?
--
Jim

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:00:04 -0700, "Jim West"
wrote:

If I want to fill in data on one part of a form and have it automatically
propogate into other fields in the report, what do I do?

Use cross-references. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cdw

I have read the instructions at
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm

It does not seem to work when the field that I am wanting to bookmark is a
calculated field. When I put a calculation into the field the bookmark is
gone from the list. Then I tried setting the bookmark before entering the
calculation; that worked until I put in the calc. At that point I got a
undefined bookmark warning on my destination field. Is there a way to do
this? Thanks for any help.

ConnieW

--
Connie W

"Jim West" wrote in message
If I want to fill in data on one part of a form and have it automatically
propogate into other fields in the report, what do I do?
--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

The calculation field is going to have a bookmark name. Double click
the field before protecting and you can see what it is then. If you
want to repeat the result of this field then use a REF field to the
bookmark. Say the field is bookmarked Text5, then:

{ Text5 } is using Ctrl+F9 to enter the { } is all you need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cdw

this doesn't work. When I double click on the calculated field nothing
happens. Perhaps I am doing the calc incorrectly. What I did was create the
field and then use the formula option under the table menu. After I put in
the formula the bookmark name disappears. Is there another way?
--
Connie W

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

The calculation field is going to have a bookmark name. Double click
the field before protecting and you can see what it is then. If you
want to repeat the result of this field then use a REF field to the
bookmark. Say the field is bookmarked Text5, then:

{ Text5 } is using Ctrl+F9 to enter the { } is all you need.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Connie,

Are you using a protected form? Where are the variables coming from in
your calculation?

Are you using tables cells? Like A1=2 B1=2 C1= {Sum(Left) } ?
Then just use { =(C1) } where you want the calculation value repeated
in the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
cdw

Greg, the place I want to repeat it is not in the table. Will your techniqe
still work?
ConnieW
--
Connie W

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Connie,

Are you using a protected form? Where are the variables coming from in
your calculation?

Are you using tables cells? Like A1=2 B1=2 C1= {Sum(Left) } ?
Then just use { =(C1) } where you want the calculation value repeated
in the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

No. But if you select the result to the calculation and then assign it
a bookmark name (InsertBookmark). Say you assign it the name C1.
Then you can just use a REF field { C1 } outside the table.

Copying Excel data into Word: setting the Tabs Sam Page Layout 4 July 17th 05 05:01 AM
Copying an Excel data table into Word Sam Page Layout 9 July 17th 05 04:58 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Style Copying Doesn't Work John Bigelow Page Layout 5 March 2nd 05 02:35 PM
Copying a word table into another word document mszingy Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 10:15 PM