Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bugsy[_2_] Bugsy[_2_] is offline

Default Unwanted gap appears in document

I am editing a document for someone else. She wrote her paper on a MAC in
Word 2003. I am using Word 2007 on a PC, but we both see this problem.

On the very last line, it looks like this with a large gap:

"of previous school practices that has a particular hold in
current"

The gap is only one space in the code. The gap acts like a margin or a
column in that you can type in a new word before the gap and it will shift.
Here is an example:

"new words typed here of previous school practices that has a
particular"

This phenomenon occurs about 10 times in a 250 page document. Screens shots
and the actual document are available upon request.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you displayed nonprinting characters to examine the text? It sounds
like a tab character to me.

http://word.mvps.org