Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
singeredel

Default CAPITALIZATION OF ENTIRE LINE

I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work, I
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Julie -

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

Word has no such keyboard shortcut like this, and even if I hold the Shift
key down while I type 3-4 words (or a part of the 5th) the text i type after
releasing the Shift key is *always* lower case. As a slow, heavy-handed
typist I am certain I would have encountered this if it were simply a Word
problem.

I have also tried adjusting the system Keyboard settings to the shortest
Repeat Delay & fastest Repeat Rate without being able to provoke that type of
behavior. The Shift key is a modifier key that is unaffected by the repeat
settings.

Do you perhaps have some type of keyboard that may have custom settings that
differ from the norm? Or perhaps some type of utility software that runs in
the background that could be contributing to the condition?

Regards |:)

"singeredel" wrote:

I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work, I
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Sounds like you've been victimized by those evil sticky keys. Here are the
instructions necessary to unvictimize yourself, lifted out of Windows 2000
help:

SHIFT five times Switch StickyKeys on and off
--
Kevin Backmann

"singeredel" wrote:

I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work, I
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

BTW:
You can modify the sticky keys settings under Accessibility Options.
--
Kevin Backmann

"singeredel" wrote:

I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work, I
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B.I.

"singeredel" wrote in message
I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work,
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding
capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest
of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have
released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Does this ever happen if you use the shift at right side of keyboard?
Caps Lock is next to the one at left side, of course.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
singeredel

It doesn't have anything to do with caps lock. I thought perhaps it might
have something to do with the keyboard (wireless Microsoft Comfort Keyboard
1.0A) but I can find no setting relating to this for the keyboard. I did not
have StickyKeys enabled but have unchecked the shortcut for StickyKeys and
will test and see if this helps at all.
--
singeredel

"B.I." wrote:

"singeredel" wrote in message
I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work,
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding
capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest
of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have
released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Does this ever happen if you use the shift at right side of keyboard?
Caps Lock is next to the one at left side, of course.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
singeredel

I don't know if anyway will see this at this point, but turning sticky keys
on or off does not seem to make a difference with this problem.
--
singeredel (Julie)

"singeredel" wrote:

I use Word in Office 2003. Because I have to type very fast in my work, I
have run across an aggravating problem that occurs regarding capitalization.
If I accidentally hold down the shift key a little too long, the rest of the
sentence continues to be typed in all capitals even though I have released
the shift key. Is there any way to stop this action from occurring?

Thanks!

--
singeredel (Julie)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
singeredel

Well, it seems it would be pretty hard to hit all three of those keys at the
same time as many times as this problem occurs, so it is doubtful that this
is the problem, but I will try to see if this could possibly be the case.
Thanks.
--
singeredel (Julie)