Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amanda Byrne Amanda Byrne is offline

Default how to insert a row in existing table from within field code

I am creating a document for a nonprofit that will create letters for our
donors and show a summary of their donations. I've created a Directory Mail
Merge that prints a letter for each donor and uses an IF statement to
detemine whether to print another donation for the current donor, or move on
to the next donor. This worked well on just a text basis, but I would like
to print 4 different fields from my database for each donation, and really
need a table format to pull this off attractively.

The problem is that I need to create a new row in an existing table for each
additional donation, and my IF statement does not see quotation marks from
inside a table. How can I instruct Word to create a new row?

For more info on the IF statement structure, my document was created as per
this Word article example: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/294686

Thanks, Amanda

Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Creating multiple TOC HRobinson Page Layout 7 October 18th 06 02:12 AM
Insert a bookmark field [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 4 September 26th 06 04:34 PM
Need macro to locate table uniquely, insert blank row and date and end table Marrick13 Tables 4 July 1st 06 12:33 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM