Gmantil

Default Disappearing Word 2003

Hi,

I found that problem is by the files of orthographic correction. I have
changed files MSSP3ES.LEX and MSSP3ES.DLL (in my case office is in spanish)
and now my word work well.

Best Regard,

gmantil

"Beth Melton" wrote:

You need to exit all Office apps before removing the services. I would remove all of them since they can easily be added back.

When I encountered this issue I found Handwriting Recognition to be the cause, and others have reported removal of the Handwriting service resolved their problem as well, but it could be any of them.

Although I didn't need to reboot, the minimize issue went away immediately, but if you haven't rebooted I would try that as well since Word was still running when you removed the service.

--
Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup. Email requests for assistance can not be acknowledged.

~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
TechTrax: http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/

"Amagicdrag0n" wrote:

Word was still open when I removed Handwritting recognition. Do I need to reinstall it and remove it again. Voice recognition is also installed, should this be removed too?
Thanx

"Amagicdrag0n" wrote:

I've tried that, and it didn't work.
Does the machine require a reboot after that fix is applied?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Courtesy of Office MVP Beth Melton:

I suspect you've encountered a bug in the Handwriting Recognition
services. Try the following:

- Open your Control Panel
- Open Regional and Language Settings
- Select the Language tab
- Click Details
- Remove Handwriting Recognition

"Amagicdrag0n" wrote in message
When Word is minimised it suddenly disappears from the Task Bar.
When it is reopened It can only be closed via the Task Manager.
I am running Office 2003 (fully patched) & WIndows XP Pro (fully patched)
Anyone got any ideas please?
Thanx