Nifty

Default Option to update copied text with changes to pasted text

Issue: To maintain consistency in spelling, grammar, and content.

When one copies and pastes text in various parts of their document (example:
Procedure manual where certain basic procedures are repeated often) and you
would like that original copied block of text to update itself with any
changes you make to the pasted block of text, it would be highly beneficial
if WORD would give you the option to update changes to the copied text.

I am not sure if Track changes will let me do this. I have tried but to no
avail.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers
Daiya Mitchell

Word does give you that option, but you have to specifically tell it when
you used text you want to update. We certainly would NOT want it to update
any text that had ever been copied and edited, that would be a Bad Thing 95%
of the time.

See he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

On 9/20/05 6:01 PM, "Nifty" wrote:

Issue: To maintain consistency in spelling, grammar, and content.

When one copies and pastes text in various parts of their document (example:
Procedure manual where certain basic procedures are repeated often) and you
would like that original copied block of text to update itself with any
changes you make to the pasted block of text, it would be highly beneficial
if WORD would give you the option to update changes to the copied text.

I am not sure if Track changes will let me do this. I have tried but to no
avail.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=079461c6-0ba2
-464d-b363-6c156ad8c530&dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Anne Troy

Try Edit--Paste special--Paste link and use RTF as the format.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Nifty" wrote in message
Issue: To maintain consistency in spelling, grammar, and content.

When one copies and pastes text in various parts of their document
(example:
Procedure manual where certain basic procedures are repeated often) and
you
would like that original copied block of text to update itself with any
changes you make to the pasted block of text, it would be highly
beneficial
if WORD would give you the option to update changes to the copied text.

I am not sure if Track changes will let me do this. I have tried but to no
avail.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....word.newusers

CyberTaz

Excellent options offered in other replies, but...

It seems, in the first place, quite redundant to 'repeatedly' paste the
exact content throughout a document. Might it not be worth considering
including the content _once_ or as an addendum of some sort & using multiple
cross-references to it?

Regards |:)