Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rebas64573 Rebas64573 is offline

Default Word 2007 - Password Protect Document

Does anyone know a way to password protect documents in Word 2007? I have
been unable to find a way and cannot imagine why Microsoft would eliminate
that feature. Any help from anyone on this topic would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Look under Word Options|Prepare|Encrypt Document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Rebas64573" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know a way to password protect documents in Word 2007? I have
been unable to find a way and cannot imagine why Microsoft would eliminate
that feature. Any help from anyone on this topic would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:40:06 -0800, Rebas64573
wrote:

Does anyone know a way to password protect documents in Word 2007? I have
been unable to find a way and cannot imagine why Microsoft would eliminate
that feature. Any help from anyone on this topic would be appreciated

The procedure is nearly the same in Word 2007 as in previous versions.

Either the first time you save the document, or if you use the Save As command
later, the Save As dialog opens. Click the Tools button (at the bottom of the
dialog, next to the Save button) and choose General Options. Enter the password,
then enter it again when requested, and continue saving as usual.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman