Genine

Default Page layout and Weird printing problem

The HP8550n is a b*gger in more ways than one. Does your user get a warning
message saying that the margins are outside the page boundaries before
printing? If so, shut Word, and then restart it, then print the document.
I've found no other way around this one than restarting Word. If you say yes
to the fix the margins error message and make the mistake of saving your
document it looks very nasty on any other PC!
Genine

"Rich" wrote:

I haven't found a better group to post this problem on, but here it goes:

When one of our users prints from Word XP (running on Windows XP on a Dell
laptop) to an HP Color Laserjet 8550, the document is offset to the right by
double the left margin width (i.e., his left margin is 1.25 inches and the
printout's left margin is 2.5 inches)

It seems to do with both the regular HP driver and the HP PS driver (as well
as Adobe's PS driver). We do not have any sort of offset (binding or margins
or otherwise, as far as I can tell).

This problem does not happen all the time; nor does it happen with the same
document.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thank you in advance . . .

Rich