Format Painter

Old May 25th 11, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ

Default Format Painter

Why is it if I use the Format Painter trying to copy formatting from a
Heading1 style to another paragraph, the target paragraph assumes the
correct formatting, but the paragraph that I copied from loses its
formatting? Specifically, the paragraph copied from had a hanging
indent at 0.5 and no tabs, but now has no indent and a tab at 0.25.
Old May 26th 11, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

It seems to work fine here. Please describe the steps to reproduce the issue.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CJ" wrote in message ...

Why is it if I use the Format Painter trying to copy formatting from a
Heading1 style to another paragraph, the target paragraph assumes the
correct formatting, but the paragraph that I copied from loses its
formatting? Specifically, the paragraph copied from had a hanging
indent at 0.5 and no tabs, but now has no indent and a tab at 0.25.

Format Painter Makes Unwanted Format Changes Tim Formatting Long Documents 7 July 19th 12 04:27 PM
Format painter nkb Microsoft Word Help 8 July 31st 08 08:59 AM
Format Painter Meg Microsoft Word Help 2 May 15th 06 09:03 PM
format painter Paintless Page Layout 1 April 11th 06 03:21 AM
Format Painter KC8DCN Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 06 01:20 AM