insert unknown # of pictures in to document template

Old July 20th 11, 05:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carl[_2_]

Default insert unknown # of pictures in to document template

I have a recurring report that requires me to install an unknown number (usually 12 or more) of pictures into a template that has 3 evenly spaced blocks in two columns on an 8.5x11 page. I am guessing that I will need a macro/VBA script that selects the directory, counts the images, adjusts the number of pages, resizes all the images and then inserts them in the boxes.

Is there a simpler way?

If not, what commands do I need to look at?

Thank you for your time.
Old July 20th 11, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't touch the VBA aspect of it, but I could suggest that if you create a
table with two columns, auto resizing disabled and row height set to what is
required to fit three rows on a page, then when you insert pictures in the
cells, they will be resized to fit the cells, and tabbing out of the last
cell will create a new row.

http://word.mvps.org