standing different page headers, telling pages in sections

Old August 28th 11, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LuisDavid

Default standing different page headers, telling pages in sections

Hello group, wanted to raise, with your permission, my problem I have.
I have a Word document of 25 pages, divided into three sections,
having different headings:

Section 1: 1 page (index). Heading 1
Section 2: 19 pages (content). header 2
Section 3: 5 pages (extra content). Heading 3

Now what I want is to number the pages in the headers, sections 1 and
2, as follows:
Pag 1 of 20, 2 of 20, 3, 20, etc.

the rising numbers of 1 to 20, no problem can be included in Sections
1 and 2.
my problem is how to increase the number 20, if for example in section
2 is increased pages and the new count (so to call it) would look like
this: 1 21, 2 21; ... 21 21.

If more pages increased to 21 would increase to 22, 23, etc. on every
page of the 2 sections (two sections go together index and content,
but are not bound to have different headers).
Now, in section 1 SECTIONPAGES = 1, Section 2 SECTIONPAGES = 19 that
if it works.

My problem is how to increase 19 to 20 (dealing with adding field
formula SECTIONPAGES + 1 but I get! Specification non-valid).
and furthermore, on the first page (index), as included the 20
(obviously taking reference section 2), since then if you add more
pages would be 21, 22, 23, etc. That is, would have to take "some
reference" of the total pages of the section 2.

The simplest solution would be to remove the section 3 in a separate
file. and instead of using SECTIONPAGES NUMPAGES use, so if it works.
so I do not want because what if I had data in tables that are linked
to in sections 2 and 3.

Is there a way to "make reference" pages to add a section with
formulas in the other section?

I wish I was specific, and I can help, I need it. Thanks in advance
for your help.
Old August 28th 11, 03:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.tables

See reply to your duplicate question in microsoft.public.word.tables. If you
must post in two NGs, at least cross-post instead of multi-posting.

http://word.mvps.org