Add Page Size and Margin?

Old May 15th 11, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Dobony

Default Add Page Size and Margin?

I have Office 2007. Is there a way to add a new permanent page size to the
list of page sizes? How about a new permanent margin layout? I often
convert to half pages after composing for putting in a small binder for
presentations.

Mike Dobony
Old May 15th 11, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The list of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver, not Word. You can
add a specific paper size to the Page Setup dialog only if your printer
driver permits creating new paper size specs (some high-end laser printers
do offer this feature in the printer Properties as accessed from Windows
Control Panel, though not necessarily through Word's Print dialog).

As for the page margins, there are two possible approaches in Word 2007:

1. If you choose Custom Margins from Page Layout | Page Setup | Margins and
set different margins, the most recent custom setting is retained in the
gallery.

2. A better approach to saving both paper size and margins is to create a
custom document template, accessed via the New dialog; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm.

http://word.mvps.org