Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hmiller303 hmiller303 is offline

Default Pause when Switching Between Documents

Is there a particular reason that MS Word (Office 2007) kind of stalls when
you ALT TAB between documents? If I have more than one Word document open
and I ALT TAB between them, the hour glass sits there for about 10 seconds
before I can do anything with the document. Is there a setting I can change,
or is this an inherent MS issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

My first thought is you have Adobe's PDFMaker add-in installed. I suspect
it's rebuilding the menus for the Add-ins tab each time you switch windows.

If you do use Adobe, uninstall or disable the add-in and see if that
resolves the delay you are seeing.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out: