Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
piersonal piersonal is offline

Default How do content control fields work?

I am trying to compile a template document for new proposals and in some
downloaded templates I see the excellent use of Content Control fields. I
want the user to be able to enter the customer name once at the beginning and
for this data to be replicated in the header and other areas of the document
and Content Control seems to be the answer.

But I can't seem to make this work. Anyone know how to reference the
information in a Content Control? The Properties dialog box seems to omit
important info, like the field name for starters ...

All very confusing!!