Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mackram mackram is offline

Default In mail merge, I'm asked to select a table, but Word cannot open

I have Windows XP, 2002. When I'm trying to do a mail merge and asked to
select a table, it always says data base cannot be opened. Even when I get
an opportunity to select a sheet (which doesn't always happen) and I click on
it, I still get the same message. I have an Excel file I'm trying to use.
I've used the mail merge toolbar and tried mail merge wizard and get the same
results with both. Thanks for any suggestions or help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then check the box against
the "Confirm conversions and Open" item on the General tab.

Then when you attach the datasource, try the different methods of connection
that are available.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.