Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Holt A Holt is offline

Default How to choose the 2 pages per sheet with Word 2007?

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:27:06 -0800, A Holt
wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Holt A Holt is offline

Thank you --it worked. Why would Msft. put out something that is so hidden?
I think I will go back to my old Word editions.

"A Holt" wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kristine kristine is offline

Any way to do this using MS Word 2003? on the Page Setup, I don't see an
arrow like you specify.

Actually, what I really want to do is have 2 pages per 11x17 sheet with only
one header/footer. Is there a way to do that with 2003 or do I need to have
my office upgrade my computer to 2007 version?

thanks for the help!
Kristine

wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kristine kristine is offline

Ah, so that is the same thing then. thanks!

Any idea on how i can view the layout of the two pages? I want to verify
that it's taking my 8x11 and transposing every 2 8x11 pages onto 11x17. It
seems the only way i can see if the page setup is working is if i print it to
adobe and view that way.

Thanks!! appreciate the help!

wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kristine kristine is offline

How funny... as soon as i post the question, i find the answer. I had to
create this using mirror margins and then insert 2 columns. I'm amused when
this happens! :-P

wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you select "Two Pages" in Print Layout view you should see two pages. You
can't see *facing* pages except in Print Preview, and then only if you have
enabled "Mirror margins" and/or "Different odd and even" (I think "Mirror
margins" may be enabled by default for "2 pages per sheet"; it is for "Book
fold").

wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option
for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You may find what you're looking for in the Print dialog, instead. The lower
right corner contains a Zoom group -- select 2 pages per sheet there.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/4/09 10:41 AM, in article
, "Cass"

wrote:

I want to print 2 pages per sheet for Word 2007 --there is no option for
"multiple Pages drop down list"?

On the Page Layout ribbon, click the tiny arrow button in the lower
right corner of the Page Setup group to open the Page Setup dialog.
The dropdown you want is in the center of the Margins tab of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you've created a single page and want to print it twice on one sheet, you
need to enter 1,1 in the Pages box in the Print dialog (this will be true
regardless of whether you're using the "2 pages per sheet" setting in the
Page Setup dialog or the one in the Print dialog). I suspect you're setting
the number of copies to 2, which might give the result you describe.

http://word.mvps.org