David

Default E-mail Merge with Lotus Notes

I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes (uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?
Peter Jamieson

I only looked at this briefly a couple of years ago (I'm not a Notes
expert), but the impression I had is that
a. Notes will not work with Mailmerge
b. there are third-party commercial solutions out there
c. you /might/ be able to build a solution using VBA and the approaches
described in

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

(for the mailing part)

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/...ttachments.htm

(for the mailmerge part)

Peter Jamieson
"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes (uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Mike

You'll need to download the Lotus NotesSQL driver:
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...BW71&S_CMP=&s=

You'll need to register, but it's free.

Mike

"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes (uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Peter Jamieson

That's fine for getting data from Lotus Notes.

But maybe you know more about sending the emails resulting from a merge via
Lotus Notes?

Peter Jamieson

"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes (uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Mike

I've had mixed results with that. You need to have Lotus setup for MAPI (I
forget how to do that - there's a reg key for it). When you then do the
email merge thing in Word it *will* create the emails - but as separate
windows in Lotus, meaning you have to click send manually for each one.
Also, you can only merge text in the email (I tried graphics, and both HTML
and plain text), unless you chose attachment.

I'm using Word 2002 and Notes 6.5.4.

"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes

(uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Mike

Sorry - HTML won't work (nothing happens), only plain text or attachment.

Is it possible there's some setting in Notes that will get this to work? Or
is whatever command (SendMail?) just not working right?

Mike

"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes

(uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Peter Jamieson

Thanks for the nfo. on the reg key - I've never come across that one before
so if you do manage to dig out details it would be useful to know them.

As fr as I know, the problem with sending HTML is that it relies on a
specific MAPI interface and not every MAPI provider supports it - in fact,
as far as I know, it is only provided if you are using Outlook.

"David" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to merge to e-mail. We use Lotus Notes

(uggh).

Everything is set up as it should be.

Can anyone please suggest a fix?

Mike

Here's the MAPI fix:

- Search for win.ini and open in a text editor
- Make sure both lines are under the [Mail] Section
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1