jeannie

Default mail merge is repeating names from excel document, why?

When I do a mail merge to print labels, I use an existing excel document.
What happens is that the names repeat over and over again throughout the
pages. What am I doing wrong?

Doug Robbins

In the mailmerge main document, there should be a Next Record field
before the first mergefield in each of the labels on the sheet EXCEPT for
the first label.

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP