Ellyn

Default Custom dictionaries

I have to add a medical dictionary and a drug book to my custom dictionary
but it won't recognize them when I check a document. I've done everything
the MS word has instructed. Has anyone had success doing this? I have Offce
2003

I haven't tried this, but it appears to me that you go to Tools | Options |
Spelling & Grammar and click on Custom Dictionaries..., then click on Add...
and navigate to your dictionary file, which I would imagine should be a .dic
file, but perhaps any plain text file will do. Once you've added the
dictionary, then you'll need to check its box so it will be loaded. I would
have thought that if the medical dictionary and drug book were designed to
integrate with Word, there would be some install routine that would handle
this automatically (or at least good instructions). Perhaps they were
intended for a previous version and don't work with Word 2003?

If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, try posting in
microsoft.public.word.spelling.grammar.