386-DX

Default Track Changes should confirm user information first.

Many people still use Office on shared computers or enter dummy user
information. I believe that Word should first confirm the user information
(name, initials) before letting the user modify the document using Track
Changes.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

I suspect that 386-DX just meant that Word should say, "These
changes/comments will be labeled "John Q. Doe" [or JQD]. Is that correct?"

386-DX wrote:

Many people still use Office on shared computers or enter dummy user
information. I believe that Word should first confirm the user

information
(name, initials) before letting the user modify the document using Track
Changes.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

"I

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Daiya Mitchell

I'm too lazy to vote,* but actually I agree. It would make a lot of sense
if you turned on Track Changes and got a dialog:

The current reviewer is:
Use this reviewer name instead:
[checkbox] stop showing this dialog

(with corresponding "prompt for reviewer name" in the Tools | Options, Track
Changes panel.)

Then you could easily choose initials or a full name, depending.

This would also be a simple way of enabling anonymous comments, which there
are a number of requests for.

*I even tried to vote, but it said "service temporarily unavailable."
probably a fake Mac error message, though.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Great idea!

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/