Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
3cfence 3cfence is offline

Default Send using Email

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

I have been asking the same thing. One reply was to use VBA to activate the
function. Unfortunately I don't know how to implement it. If you do, look
back a few posts which will give you the line of code.

If you customise the mini bar, you can find an inbuilt email function called
"send to email recipient". With my system, it crashes Word. Other functions
have been disabled from earlier versions like signatures & stationary unless
you have outlook. So much for the upgrade.
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
3cfence 3cfence is offline

The only way I have found to send a document is to go into my email program
(Windows Mail or Yahoo) and include the file as an attachment. In prior
versions you were able to email directly from word. I'm not very Happy with
Office 2007.

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jornie Jornie is offline

Installing '07 has even removed the English dictionary from Outlook Express's
spelling checker and replaced it with a French one. Nuts!
--

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pubscout pubscout is offline

As I emailed you, the solution is he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an

attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is not the solution for the problem I was addressing, viz.:

Installing '07 has even removed the English dictionary from Outlook

Express's
spelling checker and replaced it with a French one. Nuts!
--
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote 2007.

The articles I cited deal with how to restore a spelling checker to OE.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/spell.asp or
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an

attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pubscout pubscout is offline

Regarding the links you posted to fix the OE SpellChecker, what do you do if
you don't have an earlier version of OE? This is my first foray into the
Windows world. I have no other computer or system that would have what the
article suggests.

"3cfence" wrote:

How do I setup Word 2007 to be able to send a document as an
attachment.
Option to "Send as Attachment" is grayed out. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't need an earlier version of OE, just an earlier version of Office.
If you don't have that, there are some add-in spell checkers available for
download; they are listed at the first URL.