Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS

Default how to remove the easy photo icon appearing in the tool bar? ezp

The letters EXP keep appearing on my tool bar. What happened and how can I
remove it? Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Somewhere on your computer you have the EZ-Photo application (probably
installed by a scanner or other hardware). This software adds an add-in to
Word's Startup folder, and the add-in adds the button(s) to your toolbar.

Unfortunately, the add-in was written for Word 95 and doesn't function
properly with later versions, so you need to remove it. Once you've done
this, you can remove any and all EZP buttons from Word using Tools |
Customize. The files you're looking for (to delete) are Ezpwll32.wll,
Ezphoto.wll, Ezpwll.wll, and Ezpwll16.wll. You'll need to display Hidden and
System files in order to find these using Windows Find/Search.

For more on EZ-Photo, see "WD2000: Problems Caused By EZ-Photo 2.7 and
Earlier Versions" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=Q224727. Note that
it should *not* be necessary to rename Normal.dot as this article suggests;
this will remove all your customizations, and the only reason I can see for
doing it is to remove the EZP buttons, which you can easily do yourself.