arffgirlazo arffgirlazo is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Letters cut off

I have visited numerous forums and blogs to try and fix this problem and it seems i am just in a infinite loop, i fix one thing, and it messes up another, so maybe someone on here can help, so lets start from the beginning.

we had a 8 page document that was printed out and was missing on the computer, so we scanned the documents onto the computer into some version of "text scan" it turned the scanned image into text which was great and into editable format, most of it anyway. So here is my problem, it cuts off some of the letters y and g etc. in the text box size it appears as (11.5) changing it only screws up things worse. When i print it, it really cuts it off, so i changed the line spacing to 1.15, that didnt fix it, because of the "exactly" being checked in formating, well when i uncheck it or use " single" to allow for the space size of the font, it screws up the whole document and there's huge spaces the size of huge paragraphs when i do this some half of the page is blank, and you cannot delete the spaces i tried this too, the formatting gets all f'ed up and let me tell you I'm beyond annoyed. I find a way to fix one part and then it screws up another, i just dont want to retype this whole blasted document. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike S[_2_] Mike S[_2_] is offline

Default Letters cut off

On 4/28/2016 1:33 PM, arffgirlazo wrote:
[...]

Once you get the output of the OCR, if you past the characters into
notepad and then into a new word document how do the characters look?
And have you tried different OCR engines? If it's not sensitive
information this site does ocr on 5 MB images free.
http://www.onlineocr.net/