Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jmcre8 jmcre8 is offline

Default Label Merge - can I leave some lables without data?

Is there a merge code I can insert into a label IF I do NOT want any data to
appear (perhaps like ... norecord ) ...

I intentionally want to leave certain labels blank ... I tried just removing
the next record and the data ... but it just left out 1/2 of my database.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me solve this little (but very important)
issue.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

After propagating the setup of the first label to the other labels on the
sheet, remove ALL of the fields (the Next Record field and the data
fields) from the labels that you want to leave blank. If your merge runs to
more than one sheet of labels, the same labels will be blank on all sheets.

If you remove the Next Record field as mentioned above, there should be
no records omitted from the merge. That is assuming that you have the
Next Record fields positioned correct, which is (in the absence of the
above deletions before the first mergefield in all labels on the sheet
EXCEPT for the first label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.