Sonya

Default Still having Font Problems

I created a document in Word 2000 which I do not remember what font I used.
I am now trying to open it in Word 2003 and all I get are either Symbols or
boxes. Do you know how I can correct the problem?
Klaus Linke

Hi Sonya,

Most importantly: Don't save the document while the text is unreadable!

First, check out "Tools Options Compatibility Font substitution", and
choose sensible fonts for missing ones.

That should fix it... Probably Word substituted some symbol font for a missing
font.

If that doesn't work (i.e., Word doesn't show any missing fonts), the document
might be damaged... But you should still be able to fix the text and turn it
into a readable font, using the macro from
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212396

Greetings,
Klaus

"Sonya" wrote:
I created a document in Word 2000 which I do not remember what font I used.
I am now trying to open it in Word 2003 and all I get are either Symbols or
boxes. Do you know how I can correct the problem?

Font Problems Sonya Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 08:06 PM
Default font on envelope address Marcia Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 12:13 AM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 04:42 PM
Font problems Jeanne Microsoft Word Help 6 December 2nd 04 02:54 AM
Font Problems in Autotext padmerpote Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 04 08:01 PM