Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ammo270

Default Having problems printing AutoText (filename) in MS Word.

I am using the Insert AutoText feature to insert the Filename
into the footers of my documents. I prefer to use AutoText so that someone
doesn't have to type in the filename each time. For the most part, this
works great and I use the filename at the bottom of each report in order to
reference my digital copies from the printed documents.

At multiple times during the day, I print from 50 to 100 documents at a
time. The problem is that when I print this many documents all at one time,
some of the filenames are not printing properly. Instead of printing the
actual filename, what comes out is "Document 19", "Document 20", "Document
23" and so on. Not on all of the files, but on some of them.

I think that the files must be getting renamed and held in memory at some
point during the print process. Then the temporary name, Document 19 and so
on, is being printed instead of the real filename. This is my guess anyway.

If I print the files one at a time, they print correctly. But, I print a
lot of files and I need to print batches of 100 or even more at a time, so a
manual print is not that efficient.

I have no idea what I can do to correct this problem. Any ideas?

how do I stop autotext code from printing Hpower Microsoft Word Help 6 June 1st 06 05:11 PM
Printing problems with Microsoft Word 2000. Casey Microsoft Word Help 3 June 28th 05 11:23 AM
Footer Printing Problems Ron New Users 1 March 12th 05 08:33 PM
Multiple copies & Landscape problems when printing in Word Matrix Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 09:44 AM
Font Problems in Autotext padmerpote Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 04 07:01 PM