Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Word 2003 Installed a Complex Scripts Option

I'm working with Word 2003 and I noticed that when I select a word, or
paragraph and apply any formatting to it the Styles dialog box creates a
style based on what I just did, however, it also adds arabic type characters
at the end of that style.

I went to Tools, Options, and realized that there's an Additional tab called
complex scripts.

I checked the Language settings under Start, All Programs, MS Office, MS
Office Tools, Language Settings and the only languaged installed is English
(US)

I check the Languages tab in the Regional and Language Settings option and I
do not have "Install files for Complex Script and right-to left Language
enabled nor do I have Install files for East asian Languages enabled

I Went to Add/Remove Programs and check the settings for MS office but I
cant tell if there's something being install that should not be, I also
looked to see if I saw anything that may tell me an additional item was
install for languages and i could not tell.

I ran Detect and Repair and it did not work either

Can someone please tell me how to Uninstall the Complex Script option in word?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Marilyn

Given that you've already tried all the settings that "should" fix this, the
only fix I'm aware of is to delete the miscreant registry entries. See here
for how:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6a320beee52a0?

My computer was re-infested with Complex Scripts recently. The method
described there worked again for me.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word