Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
spring08 spring08 is offline

Default how do I prevent widows and orphans in word 2007

I want to be able to stop new pages occuring in a word document with only one
line of a paragraph at the top or bottom of a page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Widow/orphan control is enabled by default in all styles in all versions of
Word.

http://word.mvps.org

"spring08" wrote in message
I want to be able to stop new pages occuring in a word document with only
one
line of a paragraph at the top or bottom of a page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

spring08 wrote:
I want to be able to stop new pages occuring in a word document with
only one line of a paragraph at the top or bottom of a page.

That is controlled by a checkbox, "Widow/Orphan control", on the Line and
Page Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog. The default setting of the Normal
paragraph style, and all styles that depend on it, is to have that option
checked. Is this not the case for you?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
spring08 spring08 is offline

Thanks I have managed to sort it now. For some reason, perhaps as it was
originally done in another version of word, the widows and orphans didn't
seem to be consistently checked. Now I've managed to find it will just keep
checking it when I move onto a new section.