Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimC KimC is offline

Default Show, Hide & Repeat Sections of a form

I've put together a layout of a form using tables.

There are a few different things I need to do. I know these are done on
website forms, I'm hoping the same thing can be done in word.

The first thing is - I have checkboxes and when one is checked I need a
section of the table to show, but there are a few checkboxes and each refer
to a different part of the table.

The second is when a number is entered into a field it repeats a section,
for example:

Locations: {enter number of locations here}

address
phone
etc

so that when you enter 2 in the number of locations, that the address, phone
& etc repeat the amount of times you entered in locations.

And the final question can you have these within each other?

All help would be great, i havent done much Macros/VB and what i have done
was many many years - any assistance would be great
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For methods to repeat data, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. For a method to toggle the
display of data, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm.
Note, however, that I'm not sure if/how you can combine these two methods.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KimC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KimC KimC is offline

I had a quick read about those and it appears it about option buttons not
form check boxes.

Also the repeating isnt just text - which that appears to be about repeating
auto text, i want to repeat a section of the form - so more information to be
added.

I also found it confusing.

"KimC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For further assistance with this, you had better ask in a programming
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP