Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denis Wong

Default Messed up printing in Word 2007 beta 2

Word 2007 beta 2 can't seem to print my documents properly. I printed a Word
97-2003 document and it came out to be like this:

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14614365413.jpg (right side paper came from Word
2007, left side paper came from Word 2003)

My printer is a Canon i560.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Your pictures do not make it obvious to me what the issue is.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Denis Wong" wrote in message
Word 2007 beta 2 can't seem to print my documents properly. I printed a
Word
97-2003 document and it came out to be like this:

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14614365413.jpg (right side paper came from Word
2007, left side paper came from Word 2003)

My printer is a Canon i560.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterG

I experienced a printing problem of a Word 2003 doc from Word 2007: the
headers were missing from some pages using duplex printing to an HP 6122. I
haven't yet identified exactly what is going on but it may have to do with a
picture near the top of a page. The document is 120+ pages, mixture of text,
pictures tables, TOC and Index with cross referencing. I tried out the new
picture enhancenent in Word 2007 [fantastic] but then printing omits some
Headers, whilst all Footers appear OK?

"Denis Wong" wrote in message
Word 2007 beta 2 can't seem to print my documents properly. I printed a
Word
97-2003 document and it came out to be like this:

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14614365413.jpg (right side paper came from Word
2007, left side paper came from Word 2003)

My printer is a Canon i560.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denis Wong

Exactly.

Word 2007 also exhibits interesting behaviour if I change the Scale to Paper
Size setting from its default of 'No Scaling' to 'Letter'. A simple 8.5x11
Word document (does not have to be saved) with a few words (i.e. "This is a
test document.") gives an entirely blank sheet when printed, but when scaled
to Letter it does print, in an oversized font.

"Denis Wong" wrote in message
Word 2007 beta 2 can't seem to print my documents properly. I printed a
Word
97-2003 document and it came out to be like this:

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14614365413.jpg (right side paper came from Word
2007, left side paper came from Word 2003)

My printer is a Canon i560.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
summa summa is offline

I had the exact same problem the other day; I tried to print a .doc document
using the latest version of Word 2007 beta, and the the display was fine, in
printing the font became huge and it took about 4 pages to print what was
supposed to be a one page document.

In exploring this, I also found that it even displayed fine in the print
preview, until it was sent to the printer where upon a warning messge popped
up stating that the document extended beyond printable area. Here even if I
cancelled, the print preview now displayed the amount of text that would be
printed on the first page, usually cutting the text in half vertically...but
stragely this still displayed in the same sized font. However if I attempted
to print this, it printed in a huge font.

Within Word 2007 beta, I manually made sure the font was the correct size,
i.e. select all and then manually input a 12 font size. it still printed
huge, no change. Then, I did a save as, and then Converted the document to a
..docx, which got me out of compatibility mode as well, and this printed
fine...So Long As I Did NOT Open Print Properties as I went to print. If as I
went to print, I hit the properties button to the printer, say to use fast
and economical printing, then this document would now revert to printing too
large.

I have no way of just getting a .doc to print directly from Word 2007 beta
without converting it to a .docx. Anyone know of anyway to do this?