Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default w2007 organizer use to copy/overwrite styles not working

The copy/overwrite styles using the organizer isnt working. I have a W2007
..docm file that has Heading 1-6 styles in it I need to reuse in another file.
The heading styles have been customized with outline numbering and varying
left indents. When I use the organizer to copy the styles from my source file
into my destination file, the styles do not indent properly. I copied the
styles many, many times since I have seen other postings that recommend doing
this 3 times.

Further, I changed my Word option, under the Advanced group, to have under
the Cut, Copy, Paste category set to €śKeep Source Formatting€ť next to the
Pasting between documents when style definitions conflict. I then
copied/pasted my heading 1 from source file to destination file. It pasted in
the destination files format, not the source file. This means it has the
wrong indents.

Finally, I tried using the format painter. I selected the entire paragraph
of heading 1 in my source file, and painted the entire paragraph of heading 1
in my destination file. The 1 for my outline number gets changed to capital
A. The capital A is now also a different color and smaller font size than the
# I that was there before painting.

Ive used this €ścopy/overwrite styles from organizer€ť procedure to overwrite
styles when they get out of whack. Jeopardy to this €śfix€ť is very troubling
to me. I would appreciate any ideas on how to make the organizer process work
again.