Frederic Lemire

Default Track Changes - Mousing over changed text

How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fritz Fritz is offline

I just blasted those bone heads for not haveing the mouseover feature. It
was not broken. Thanks abunch for the tip. How did you find the totally non
obvious fix that was not otherwise covered.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anything that pops up (in Word) when you mouse over it is a ScreenTip of
some sort or other. The ones in documents are controlled by the check box in
Tools | Options | View; the ones on toolbar are controlled by the check box
in Tools | Customize | Options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip

appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:

I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Magoi Magoi is offline

I have another question about the screen tips. In Track Changes, the screen
tips reproduce the text one can already see on the screen, obliterating the
view of the document. It is distracting to constantly have to move the
mouse. I want to see who made the changes and when, so I do not want to turn
screen tips off. However, I do not want the useless reproduction of inserted
text shown on the tip. Is there a way to direct what information the tip
shows? I am using Office 2003.

Larry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip

appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:

I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blakesq blakesq is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I was having the same trouble as the original poster. Your
answer was just perfect!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rebane rebane is offline

I am really dense. I have Office Home and Student 2007. For the life of me,
I cannot find Tools|Options and the View Tab. I find Screen Tips under the
Top Options and have selected "Show feature descriptions in Screen Tips."
That is not it. I find no other screen tips to check.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, it helps when you tell us what version you have because everything is
in a different place in Word 2007. There are actually a couple of settings
in Word 2007 that refer to ScreenTips. The other one is Office Button | Word
Options | Display: "Show document tooltips on hover."

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I
am
not referring to the "balloons".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rebane rebane is offline

--

Thanks for the response. There must be something else. The "Office Button
| Word
Options | Display: "Show document tooltips on hover" is checked, but
hovering does not work.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rebane rebane is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as a
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS: I
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you can see the balloons, you won't see the ScreenTips. You will see
ScreenTips in Draft view (as opposed to Print Layout) or if you have
balloons disabled.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rebane rebane is offline

Thanks! You have been more than patient. I'll get on the bottom of this in
a week or so when I meet up with a writer who has the same version, but his
"howers" work. Have a great New Year, and thanks for your help.

Henn

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools | Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature? PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If he's a serious writer, more concerned about words than layout, he may
well be using Draft view. If he were an impecunious writer (or one who saw
no need to upgrade), he might be using a pre-2002 version of Word that
doesn't have balloons at all, but since you specify that he is using "the
same version," I'll take your word for it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools |
Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote
in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known
as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature?
PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "ScreenTips" checked on the View tab of Tools |
Options?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Frederic Lemire" wrote
in
message ...
How do I see which changes were made by which author (also known
as
reviewer) when I mouse over the changed text?

Usually I hover the mouse over the tracked change and a ScreenTip
appears
that shows the name of the author. How do I turn this feature?
PS:
am
not referring to the "balloons".

.

.

End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
Track changes should show added text while HIDING deleted text. Janet at Boeing Microsoft Word Help 6 June 3rd 05 03:22 AM
Automatically changing text when another text is changed Melissa S Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 08:43 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
When I change text formatting, the entire document is changed mikem Microsoft Word Help 3 December 10th 04 04:07 PM