Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
abl-g''burg abl-g''burg is offline

Default 2007 Office beta no icon toolbar?

Is there a way to revert to a more classic toolbar in Office 2007, rather
than the icon driven toolbar? I'd like the option of using a toolbar similar
to what I had in Office 2003. It was much faster than trying to figure out
this new layout.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Nope. It's possible that a 3rd party will come up with an add-on later.
FWIW, having used Word 2007 for about five months now, the ribbon kind of
grew on me--much to my complete shock--and there are enough new features
that I actually use, that I won't be going back to Word 2003.

An alternative approach, by the way, is to note that the QAT (Quick Access
Toolbar) can hold a LOT of icons/tools. Move it to below the ribbon, and put
everything you need onto it. Because you build it yourself, you'll know
where everything is. Then, press Ctrl+F1 to toggle the ribbon off.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com