Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donna

Default Form with macro for mulitple users

Hello,
I recently posted a question about enabling spellcheck on a form. I was
given a link to the MVP site with an article about using a macro. It was
perfect and works wonderful as long as I'm using the form on my pc. The form
is on the company intranet and available for all the supervisors/managers to
use. The spellchecker macro is not attached to the form as I thought it would
be. If anyone else wants to use the spellchecker macro, it will have to be
put on their pc.

Is there a way to attach the macro to the form so that it doesn't have to be
added to each pc? Thanks so much!

Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can save the macro with the document/template, but if it's a document,
or if the template is not saved in a trusted location, either users will get
a macro warning or the macro will be disabled.

"Donna" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I recently posted a question about enabling spellcheck on a form. I was
given a link to the MVP site with an article about using a macro. It was
perfect and works wonderful as long as I'm using the form on my pc. The
form
is on the company intranet and available for all the supervisors/managers

use. The spellchecker macro is not attached to the form as I thought it

would
be. If anyone else wants to use the spellchecker macro, it will have to be
put on their pc.

Is there a way to attach the macro to the form so that it doesn't have to

be
added to each pc? Thanks so much!

Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Put it in the template for your form and distribute the template. It needs
to go into the Workgroup templates folder and macro security needs to
recognize that folder as a trusted location.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Donna" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I recently posted a question about enabling spellcheck on a form. I was
given a link to the MVP site with an article about using a macro. It was
perfect and works wonderful as long as I'm using the form on my pc. The
form
is on the company intranet and available for all the supervisors/managers
use. The spellchecker macro is not attached to the form as I thought it
would
be. If anyone else wants to use the spellchecker macro, it will have to be
put on their pc.

Is there a way to attach the macro to the form so that it doesn't have to
be
added to each pc? Thanks so much!

Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donna

Thanks for the answer. Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you put the
macro "in" the template? When I created the form, I saved it as a template. I
will do some reading, but if you have time, I would appreciate a reply.
Currently, the macro is attached to the last txt box's OnExit property. The
file is on a Shared network drive intranet folder. Thanks, Donna

"Donna" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I recently posted a question about enabling spellcheck on a form. I was
given a link to the MVP site with an article about using a macro. It was
perfect and works wonderful as long as I'm using the form on my pc. The
form
is on the company intranet and available for all the supervisors/managers
use. The spellchecker macro is not attached to the form as I thought it
would
be. If anyone else wants to use the spellchecker macro, it will have to be
put on their pc.

Is there a way to attach the macro to the form so that it doesn't have to
be
added to each pc? Thanks so much!

Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ordedMacro.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/UsingRecorder.htm

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Form that users can fill in,ck boxes,mk comments-but not extend fi Frustrated Admin Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 05 10:26 PM
Protected Form - allow users to access hyperlink in the form Diddakoi Microsoft Word Help 1 August 5th 05 12:34 AM
macro doesn't work when I unprotect form mary Formatting Long Documents 1 May 3rd 05 07:35 PM
Distributing form with spell check macro jcinspwi Microsoft Word Help 2 March 16th 05 07:02 PM